Тест к видеоуроку 10 самых крутых фразовых глаголов. Выберите А В С:
1) Johnny used to peacock (обычно задавался) and then all at once (вдруг) he _____ out .
A. coped B. copped C. cooped
2) Top ___ please! But keep it from brimming over (но не допускай, чтобы переливалось через края):
A. up B. down C. below
3) Only ignorant (невежи) people tend to ____ back. Forgive and forget about them once and for all.
A. punch B. hit C. kick
4) Let’s ____ out this displeasure and start from scratch (с нуля начать).
A. rood B. room C. root
5) I’m not averse to ______ ing about with my friends all day long.
A. mocking B. mucking C. macking
6) Step ____ it! I’m to be there at 4 am sharp.
A. on B. in C. with
7) You’re a bad bargainer (торговец) – you failed to beat him ____ to 5 gryvnyas.
A. in B. up C. down
8) Kids love ______ together for lack of money (из-за нехватки денег).
A. club B. clubbing C. clubbed
9) We were ______ on by a handsome waiter.
A. waited B. wait C. waiting
10) Keep your word and never cop____.
A. up B. in C. out
Answers: 1B 2A 3B 4C 5B 6A 7C 8B 9A 10C
Cop out = Why did you cop out?
Hit back = One criticizes the other and The other hits back.
Step on it! We’re in a hurry!
Beat down = We’re about to beat the seller down to 5 dollars.
Top up! I’m starved of drink!
Club together = We have half as much money.
Let’s club together and buy tomatoes and cucumbers.
Muck about = Don’t muck about! You’re wanted on the phone!
Root out = I want to root out the crime! But this wish will never come true.
Wait on = The waiter who waited on ustalked me into eating the shrimp/prawn.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!